Tibet Post International is an independent Tibetan news/media. We publish news and informative articles that are often absent from China's state-run propaganda news outlets. TPI’s primary aim is to promote the development of Tibetan journalism and to strive for freedom of the press both within and outside Tibet.
The past five decades, during which Tibetan journalists have closely interacted with the outside world, have shown they have much to contribute to global peace and press freedom.
TPI aims to ensure free, fair, and accurate delivery of any information related to the Tibetans within and outside Tibet. This entails the following commitments:
- To provide fair and accurate news of the situation and developments in Tibet
- To provide features, interviews, and opinion pieces regarding all Tibet-related issues
- To fill the information gap between Tibetans within and outside Tibet
- To facilitate transparency between the Tibetan Government-in-exile and the Tibetan people
- To encourage discussion and debate on issues related to Tibet and Tibetans
- To provide information and reports on social, health, cultural, and environmental issues to our general readership
- To cover developments in Tibet-related issues in the international forum
- To provide an accessible forum for young Tibetans to express their opinions
- To promote a better understanding among Tibetans of the exile democratic government, human rights, and social, health, cultural and environmental issues
- To create awareness among Tibetans about diverse cultures and heritages
- To encourage the younger generation in maintaining the Tibetan religion, culture, language, and identity